September 9, 2010

Della's Lettuce Wraps

By Della Gallaugher
(I researched and combined about 5 recipes to come up with this)
 Ingredients

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Chicken breasts – cooked and cubed (small pieces)
½ - 1 C Finely Chopped Celery
2 T. Fresh ginger (optional because I rarely have it, but if you like ginger it is GREAT!)
½ C. Green Onions 
1-Tablespoon Rice Vinegar                  
½ tsp cornstarch                                                                               
2 Tablespoons Honey                                                                             
2 Tablespoons Plum Sauce  (or Oyster sauce)                                            
1 C Grated Carrots                                                                            
1 C. Bean Sprouts
¼ C. toasted sliced almonds (optional)
12 lettuce leaves  (Bibb or Iceberg)

(a friend just told me she keeps ginger in her freezer and grates it into food as she needs it)

In hot oil.  Cook Celery, and onions until they start to soften.  Add cooked Chicken and ginger.

In a small bowl combine:  Rice vinegar, cornstarch, honey and plum sauce
Stir into chicken mixture and cook until it slightly thickens.  I usually let it cook down
over a low heat while I prepare the other ingredients. 

Put carrots, bean sprouts and almonds in small bowls, Spoon 1/8 – ¼ C. mixture into lettuce leaves.  Top with small amounts of carrots, bean sprouts and almonds.  Roll up.

Makes about 12 wraps (4 servings – 3 wraps each)

No comments:

Post a Comment