September 9, 2010

Rice Noodle (Rice Sticks)

Della Gallaugher
Rice noodles are fun crispy light noodles that are a great topping for the lettuce wraps or to use in salads. 

The noodles are to be cooked in hot oil.  If you have a wok, it will work fine.  I don’t  like to waste a lot of oil, so I put about ½ C. in my frying pan.  When the oil is hot, I tilt to pan and make a pool of oil to one side.  I then take the rice noodles and break them up into short rather small pieces and cook small amounts at a time in the oil.  When they are cooked, they float to the top of the oil.  You can then scoop them out or push them up to the top of the pan that is out of the oil and fry a few more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment